Applied Sciences homework help.
Your task is to help the organization answer their question by critically analyzing the data. You will compute your chosen statistics, interpret the results, and present the results and recommendations to non-technical decision makers in the form of a statistical report. Keep in mind that it is your job to do this from a statistical standpoint. Be sure to justify your conclusions and recommendations with appropriate statistical support.
Specifically, you must address the critical elements listed below. Most of the critical elements align with a particular course outcome (shown in brackets).
- State the overall health question (To what extent does gender influence length of hospital stay for MI patients?) you have been asked to address in your own words. Be sure you capture the key elements of the question,
using language that a non-technical audience can understand.
- Assess the collected data. Use this section to layout the source, parameters, and any limitations of your data. Specifically, you should:
- Describe the key features of your data set. Be sure to assess how these features affect your analysis.
- Analyze the limitations of the data set you were provided and how those limitations might affect your findings. Justify your response.
- Process: Propose how you will go about answering the health question you were asked to address based on the data set provided.
II. Data Analysis
A. Graphs: In this section, you will use graphical displays to examine the data.
1. Create at least one graph that gives a sense of the potential relationship between the two variables that form your chosen health question. Include the graph and discuss why you selected it as opposed to others.
- Conduct an appropriate statistical test to answer your health question.
- Explain why this test is the best choice in this context.
- Analysis of Biostatistics: Use this section to describe your findings from a statistical standpoint. Be sure to:
- Present key biostatistics from the graph(s) and statistical tests and explain what they mean. Be sure to include a spreadsheet showing your work or a copy of your StatCrunch output as an appendix.
- What statistical inferences or conclusions can you draw based on the results of your statistical test and graph? Justify your response.
III. Conclusions and Recommendations
- How do the findings help answer your overall health question? Remember to use brief, non-technical language to ensure audience
- Recommend areas for further research based on your findings. Remember to use brief, non-technical language to ensure audience
Guidelines for Submission: Your statistical report should be approximately 3–5 pages long (including graphs or spreadsheet with calculations), double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, with one-inch margins and citations in APA format. Be sure to use language and a style appropriate for a non-technical audience.
**Attached are completed reports for reference with data info***