Unit 7 Assignment: Written Assignment 2
- SOC 101 Unit 7 Assignment.docx SOC 101 Unit 7 Assignment.docx – Alternative Formats (140.233 KB)
- SOC 101 Unit 7 Assignment.html SOC 101 Unit 7 Assignment.html – Alternative Formats (145.845 KB)
This paper will allow you to broaden your understanding of a particular sociological concept. This paper should be 2-3 pages of content in length and include 3 outside references (in addition to your text). There should be at least 2 full pages and material on the 3rd page to meet the minimum. However, you are encouraged to go beyond the length requirements. It is also important that at least two of these references be a scholarly journal article (peer-reviewed). Post University has a wonderful virtual library that can be helpful in looking for references.
Assignment details :
Due Date: 11:59 pm EST on Sunday of Unit 7
We find ourselves in a frequent discussion lately concerning Youth Violence in our country and how to improve upon this. Daily tragedies are reported on throughout our country involving school, gang, and domestic violence, all with a similar constant theme which is they involve a youth under the age of 18.
Use the topic of Youth Violence in our country as a platform for this written assignment topic. You can then choose your own more direct area of concentration to further discuss in 2-3 pages of content.
Examples of areas of concentration:
- Gun violence and its effect on youth in our schools
- Youth and Gangs: Why do they join?
- Relationship Violence/ Domestic Violence
- Youth and Incarceration; Do we lock up our kids?
- Parenting and Role Models; Are we to blame for our kids’ behavior?
- Two to three pages in length, excluding the Title and Reference page.
- APA format, including an in-text citation for referenced works.
- At least three resources plus your textbook (four resources total).
- Be sure to include details from the textbook on the sociological perspectives and their views on your topic
- 10 points will be deducted for each day the paper is late.
Be sure to read the criteria by which your work will be evaluated before you write and again after you write.
Evaluation Rubric for Written Assignment
SOC101 – Principles of Sociology