INFANT CHILD DEVELOPMENT
Each Q. separate document!!!
Answer the following questions. AND READ/ ANSWER EACH QUESTION CAREFULLY!!!!
Q1. (No Reference Page) 1 Paragraph
- While there are countless books for infants and toddlers out there, what constitutes a high quality book? What are some characteristics that we might want to look for when selecting books to read with very young children?
- How are books designed for infants different from books designed for toddlers or even preschool children?
- Share three of your absolute favorite preschool books for infants and/or toddlers with the rest of the class. List the title, author, a sentence or two summary, and tell us why you love this book.
Q2. (No Reference Page) 1 Paragraph
Read the article I Want My Baby To Read (PDF Below)
Answer your responses to the following reflective questions:
- What do you consider the most important reason that attempting to teach infants to read is not a good practice? Explain your response.
- Which of the achievements By age 3 listed in the article on (pg. 43, left column) do you feel is the most important? Explain your response.
- Give some examples (golden lines) from the article that you especially agree with. Is there anything that you disagree with?
Q3. (No Reference Page) 2 Paragraphs
This week, we are going to counter one of these comments with an informed response of our own.
Respond to someone who says “You just change diapers, give them a bottle, and keep an eye on them all day, so what could they be learning.” Use any of the information online (NO REFERENCE PAGE & Using your own words) to create a devastatingly awesome response to the person who dared to utter such a ridiculous statement. Now…politely and intelligently, let them have it!