Your previous contributions addressing a variety of important topics outlined in all previous assignments for this course are deemed essential in supporting the business’ overall organizational structure and competitive advantage strategy. It is now time to consider developing your own HR department team to ensure they have the requisite skills and competencies necessary to perform at high levels over time. Effective and motivated HR business partners (HRBP) will be the key to translating HR and business strategy into action. The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK) can be an invaluable resource to help develop and certify HR professionals. You must now explain to the management team the components of this model and how it can be leveraged to achieve operational success for the HR department. A one-hour meeting has been scheduled, and the CEO will be in attendance.
Create a 20-slide minimum PowerPoint presentation with your script or discussion or commentary in the Notes section of each slide, in which you do the following:
- Include cover, presentation agenda, conclusion, and reference list slides, all of which may count toward total slide count.
- Provide a slide with an overview on the importance of having a highly developed staff of HR business partners. Be clear with your position. Example: The Evolution of the HR Business Partner Role.
- Provide 1–4 slides introducing the SHRM BoCK model and its components. Be sure to highlight each of the areas of the model. Note: It is highly recommended to insert an image of the actual SHRM BoCK model into the presentation.
- Include in the remaining slides the following required presentation information:
- Provide a minimum of three to four bullet points (more if needed) of information or discussion describing the specifics on the SHRM BoCK’s “Behavioral Competencies.”
- Provide a minimum of three to four bullet points (more if needed) of information or discussion describing the specifics on the SHRM BoCK’s “HR Expertise: Domains 1 & 2.”
- Provide a minimum of three to four bullet points (more if needed) of information or discussion describing the specifics on the SHRM BoCK’s “HR Expertise: Domain 3”
- Provide a minimum of three to four bullet points (more if needed) of information or discussion describing specifics on certifying your HRBPs.
NOTE: Since there are no presentation notes required, bullet points and sentence requirements must be met.
5. Use at least four quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: You may only use the resources listed in the Course Guide and those that are specifically provided by the professor.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Select any one of three professional PowerPoint templates provided by the professor (required).
- Have headings for each section with all bulleted information aligned properly and using the same font and size. Images may be used but must be professional and relevant to the topic.
- The source or sources of all images must be credited with both citation and reference. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include citations and references for all information received from other sources.
- All bullet point information for criteria number 4 above must be descriptive and have a minimum of 3–4 full sentences.
students may choose to use APA 6 or APA 7 and must indicate their choice on the assignment cover page.
The specific course outcome associated with this assignment is:
Convince stakeholders of the value of using the SHRM BoCK model to develop effective and motivated HR business partners.
** The following resources are set up in SWS format. If students elect to use APA they may elect to use either APA or SWS format for listing references. Professor will clarify exact requirements to be used.
Required Resources (must be used as reference in every course assignment)
Robert Lussier. 2019. Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, and Skill Development (3rd ed.). SAGE Publications, Inc.
Supplemental Resources (highly recommend to use)
Gregg Learning. May 9, 2016. Human Resource Strategy and Planning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbvC-zhWTXo&feature=youtu.be
Integrity HR. April 18, 2018. 5 Steps To Developing A Strategic HR Plan. https://integrityhr.com/hrblog/strategic-hr-plan/
Management Study Guide. No date. Job Design – Meaning, Steps and its Benefits. https://www.managementstudyguide.com/job-design.htm
Business Wales/Busnes Cymru. Mar 17, 2015. The Recruitment Process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJNcYZvToGY&feature=youtu.be
Umar Farooq. September 26, 2015. Recruitment and Selection Process in HRM. http://www.businessstudynotes.com/hrm/human-resource-management/recruitment-and-selection-process-in-hrm/
PSI Testing Excellence. July 3, 2012. 5 Tips for Designing An Effective Employee Selection System. https://blog.psionline.com/talent/bid/147051/5-Tips-for-Designing-an-Effective-Employee-Selection-System
Gregg Learning. June 20, 2016. Lesson 2: Identify Training Needs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y14R-brmFqA&feature=youtu.be
Carter McNamara. No date. How to Design Your Personal and Professional Development Program. https://managementhelp.org/training/systematic/guidelines-to-design-training.htm
Gregg Learning. Aug 16, 2016. Be a Strategic Human Resource Partner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cHY_z7T1lg&feature=youtu.be
HRinAsia. November 30, 2015. 6 Key Qualities Transforming HR as a Strategic Business Partner. https://www.hrinasia.com/leadership-2/6-key-qualities-transforming-hr-as-a-strategic-business-partner/
SHRM. April 20, 2017. 5 Reasons to Seek SHRM Certification. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxSoJlanq1Q&feature=youtu.be
Serhart Kurt. December 16, 2018. ADDIE Model: Instructional Design. https://educationaltechnology.net/the-addie-model-instructional-design/
SHRM. May 11, 2016. SHRM Certification Testimonial – Robert Eugene Brabo II, SHRM-SCP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDVHBQXJB-8&feature=youtu.be
SHRM. July 26, 2018. Why Choose SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO8YM0N4RUU&feature=youtu.be
SHRM. November 28, 2016. Who is Eligible for SHRM Certification? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgTBZrSppfE&feature=youtu.be
SHRM. No Date. Eligibility Criteria. https://www.shrm.org/certification/apply/eligibility-criteria/Pages/default.aspx
USBank. January, 2019. Benefits At A Glance. http://www.usbankhr.com/hr/docs/benefits/benefits-at-a-glance-next.pdf
University of Wisconsin Madison, 2020. New Employee Benefits Summary. https://hr.wisc.edu/docs/new-employee-benefits-summary.pdf
SHRM. No date. Body of Competency and Knowledge https://www.shrm.org/certification/about/body-of-competency-and-knowledge/Pages/default.aspx
Accоциация HRFORUM. May 27, 2018. The Value of SHRM Certification to Your Employer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD5pJm3EiGs&feature=youtu.be
Scott Madden Management Consultants. 2012. The Evolution of the HR Business Partner Role. https://www.scottmadden.com/wp-content/uploads/userFiles/misc/8d0d88c7547b6e2b8f6f6fcba6a9d6b3.pdf