Discuss system hardening strategies and techniques including updates and patches, default logon/passwords, anonymous access, removal of unneeded services, separation of production and development environments, and settings such as password length and complexity by answering the following questions:
- What hardening guidelines or standards are you familiar with?
- What steps have you taken to harden systems?
- What function do each of the strategies discussed serve?
500 words with 2 references
Discuss the phases of a typical information security incident response. Using the information presented in the handout, discuss the following questions:
- What are the effective responses to a security breach?
- Which actions you would recommend for each phase?