Objective: The objectives of literature review in a research project include the following.
- To gain background knowledge of the research topic.
- Find out problems in the area of interest to the researcher that have already been investigated in the past.
- Know what other have found out about the subject and haw they have done so.
- To find out various concepts relating to it and the potential relationship between them.
- To identify potential areas and hypothesis for research.
- To get some support for design of research methodology and techniques of analysis.
- To identify potential sources of information for conducting the detailed research.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBEM: GUIDELINES (10%):
The literature review should be a greatly expanded version of the one written for the proposal. It should both summarize and synthesize the relevant literature (http://libguides.usc.edu/writringguide/literaturereview). It should include a minimum of 15 references that are fairly current. The majority of the literature reviewed should have been published within the last 5 years, and come from peer-reviewed journals. It is perfectly acceptable, and indeed advisable, to cite seminal, foundational studies in your area of focus that may be >5 years old. Edited texts or textbooks may also be appropriate source material. Web sites should be used with caution. Refer to APA style 7th edition guidelines for how to use in-text citations of the articles you review.
Each paper must be typewritten with 12-point font and double-spaced with standard margins. Follow APA format when referring to the selected articles and include a reference page.
LITERATURE RIVIEW INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Include a minimum of 15 references.
2. The majority of the literature reviewed should have been published within the last 5 years
REFERENCES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
A minimum of 15 cited references is required. All cited sources, not just those from the Literature Review, should be included in the references section and formatted according to APA style 7th edition Guidelines. Only those sources that were cited in the paper should be included, i.e., if you read a paper, but did not cite it, you should not reference it.
ASSIGNMENT DUE DATE:
The assignment is to be electronically posted no later than noon on Saturday, March 21, 2020.