Carefully read the attached article and answer the questions below
- Identify and discuss the following:
- what is known/not known about the topic and the gap in knowledge the study is intended to fill.
- the research design, purpose of the study, and setting.
- information about the sample:
- inclusion/exclusion criteria,
- attrition/loss to follow up/response rate, if any;
- important characteristics of the sample.
- Appraise and debate the sampling methods. Consider the following questions:
- Was the sampling method and inclusion/exclusion criteria adequate to reduce sampling bias?
- Do the sample characteristics representative of the target population?
- Was the sample size adequate?
- Was there a decrease in sample size? If so, did the researchers identify decreases early and attempt to reduce the impact? Was a decrease, if any, adequately explained by the researchers?
- How would you rate the quality of the sampling procedures and your confidence in drawing inferences to the target population?