Social Science homework help. Length: 7 pages (not including title page or references)
Specifications: Times New Roman pt. 12. Double space please! Must include a correctly formatted work cited page. The essay must have a thesis statement.
Purpose: Research women’s issues in another country. How have women organized to address these issues? What are the tactics and frames used to talk about the issue?
You must reference at least 5 course readings from our text. (See other attachments) You must provide reference citations to all organizational literature. You may use outside sources in addition to the five course readings (not in place of them). Papers not using course readings do not meet the expectations of the assignment.
Writing Prompts: You are writing an essay in which you address the following issues (Do not number the answers in your paper.)
- Research a women’s organization outside of the United States. It can be an organization that is located in a specific country working on a local issue like the Revolutionary Association of the Women in Afghanistan (RAWA) or a transnational organization like “Women Watch” of the United Nations.
You can either start this by thinking about an issue that captures your interest (Rape during wartime, maternal health, AIDS) or a geographic location you want to know more about (Women in Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Argentina, Peru, China, Morocco).
A couple of resources to get you started:
- Once you have decided on an organization. Post it to the webliography section of our course.
- Please address all of the following questions in your paper.
- Where is the organization located?, What issue(s) are they working to address?, How do they organize to address these issues?, Do they organize marches, raise money or educate people on their issues?, Describe their tactics.
- What kinds of information does the organization provide on their website?, What appears to be the most affective advocacy tool they have?
- In what ways is the organization similar or different to the information you have read in our text?
I am looking for you to engage with at least 5 readings from the text. You can do this in a variety of ways. For example, you can discuss how gender is socially constructed and varies culturally. What article discusses a similar geographic region? What similar issues are talked about in the text? Find 5 different texts to engage with.
Textbook: Brettell, Caroline B., and Carolyn F. Sargent. Gender in Cross-cultural Perspective. 6th ed. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Prentice Hall, 2013.